• While you're checking out one of our helpful topics....
  • Want to learn about race vehicle design and construction? Find out how to build your own race car with our learning resources for the aspiring designer and constructor. Learn about race car basics and tips, download design aids, and find race car design and construction books with the help of our Race Car Book Finder!

Visit our information site at www.BuildYourOwnRaceCar.com

Got questions about race vehicle design and construction? Our forums are here to help answer those questions and make your project a success, whether it be a street car, a rider mower, a 4WD desert racer or a Formula 1 car.

We're just getting started as a forum community, but we'll do our best to answer all the questions posted. Sign up (It's free!) with us as a member and post your question today!

How to form a Lexan rear window?

Prinz

How to form a Lexan rear window?

Postby Prinz » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:41 pm

I'm building a hillclimb car that will look vaguely like a 1960 NSU Sport Prinz but will be powered by a 4.2 liter Audi V8 mounted mid engine. Most of the body will be carbon fiber and I'm trying my best to keep things light. I'd like to change the rear glass to lexan. Any racecars that I've had in the past that I changed glass to plastic, never had much of a tight curvature so it just got riveted in. This car is different and will likely have to be heated and formed somehow. Anyone know how this is done? I'm not very computer literate and when I attempted to attach a picture, a message said it was too big. Once I figure that out I attach a photo.

Return to “Build/Construction”