• While you're checking out one of our helpful topics....
  • Want to learn about race vehicle design and construction? Find out how to build your own race car with our learning resources for the aspiring designer and constructor. Learn about race car basics and tips, download design aids, and find race car design and construction books with the help of our Race Car Book Finder!

Visit our information site at www.BuildYourOwnRaceCar.com

Got questions about race vehicle design and construction? Our forums are here to help answer those questions and make your project a success, whether it be a street car, a rider mower, a 4WD desert racer or a Formula 1 car.

We're just getting started as a forum community, but we'll do our best to answer all the questions posted. Sign up (It's free!) with us as a member and post your question today!

Best suspension design software for windows

hrodman

Best suspension design software for windows

Postby hrodman » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:42 am

hi,

Does anyone know of a particularly good choice in suspension design software for windows (I've got win7)? I will probably be doing independent 4 wheel suspension design. I have looked at a couple. OptimumKinematics looks good (but I couldn't afford it) as does Susprod3D (even though their site is kinda old)

eborowitz1

Re: Best suspension design software for windows

Postby eborowitz1 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:29 pm

Hey hrodman,

OptimumK is pretty pricey but having seen the demo it looks amazing. Susprog3D is pretty competent software. I've used it myself, but it doesn't delve into the kinematics visualization. That said, you should learn basic vehicle dynamics before attempting to design a suspension. IMHO software on its own won't make a good handling car.

If i had the money or wanted to build race cars, the OptimumK would be pretty appealing, but at 1/8th the price, Susprog3D is probably within the reach of more people who want software that can give 3D visualizaiton of the suspension. Kinematics simulation is pretty cool tho 8-)

EB

Return to “Software”